Writers block still hanging around. Umphf! One day it will be gone and I will be able to finish the book. Until then, I keep on making up recipes in the kitchen.
So today in Lynn's Kitchen, I made some homemade Chinese Egg Fu Yung. When I can't figure out what to make for dinner, I usually look in the fridge and in my cabinets and start to make a game plan. A little of this, a little of that, a slice of this, a handfull of that. Then I hit the spice rack. I have a 6ft long spice rack in my kitchen, thanks to my wonderful husband. Actually, he got tired of seeing me dig through the cabinets all the time, so he made me a decorative rack a few years ago so I can see all the various spices and flavored oils I play with in the kitchen. LOL
Here is the recipe in case you want to try it. It looks complicated, but it is really easy. you can even do part of it the day before.
EGG FU YUNG
1.Place sliced chicken thighs into gallon size zip lock bag.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into back of chicken.
3. Seal bag, then mix thoroughly to get the marinade throughout the chicken.
4. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
1. In large frying pan, place 3 Tbs of olive oil and cook chicken thighs until cooked through. Add soy sauce, vinegar and chicken
broth and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
2. Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl until dissolved, then add to chicken to make a thicker sauce.
Egg Fu Yung Mixture
Makes about 4 large servings
Hope you enjoy!